As one of the top talent strategy firms teaching companies how to hire SMART and a top California executive recruitment firm, we know better than most, job seekers have more opportunities than ever to choose from.
WHAT’S HAPPENING TODAY?
Over the last 2 years we have been super busy with helping our clients create new recruiting and hiring process strategies, allowing them to access more of the passive talent pool.
95% of our clients ask us “WHY AREN’T WE GETTING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS?” The days of being able to post a job ad and quality applicants rolling in is over.
According to LinkedIn Talent Trends report 79% of all candidates are passive, leaving a ONLY 21% of professionals actively search for a job.
Based off numbers alone, employers have a better chance of attracting top talent from the passive pool of candidates.Aside from numbers, passive candidates not always, but often times are a better candidate, and here’s why:
ACTIVE VS. PASSIVE:
1.An active job seeker by no fault of their own often makes a decision based on the NEED for a job, NEED for a paycheck, and they will often be more apt to SETTLE.
2. A passive candidate, often will only move for a new job ONLY if they believe the new job is a better OPPORTUNITY; a new challenge, BETTER boss, BETTER culture-fit, etc.
So which talent do you think your company is assessing? The 21% or the 79% of the talent market?
A great writer once said “What got you here, won’t get you there.” – Marshall Goldsmith
If you’re finding that qualified applicants are hard to find, a better sourcing and recruiting strategy should be a PRIORITY this year. Get ahead of the game and start doing something different.
What’s your idea?
WEEKLY CURRENT NEWS & TRENDS
Browse Blog Articles by Keyword
We take on the identity of the organizations we partner with
and measure our success by their lasting-improvements. Let our clients tell you more.
Workplace trust is a fundamental building block of any professional relationship. No matter your level of seniority in a company, trust reflects your character, and company members will only experience cohesion with the people that they trust. We review some practical ways for you to build and or maintain your workplace’s culture of trust.
Rethinking Workforce Planning in an Uncertain World
The COVID-19 pandemic is changing – or has already changed – our collective discernment of uncertainty because of the continued unknown. Almost overnight, companies had to revaluate everything they thought that they knew to find new ways of doing business. Just like sailors navigating their vessels through stormy seas, so too can company figureheads by moving swiftly and proactively rather than simply reacting instinctively.
The biggest thing for companies hiring to keep in mind is to keep the process for every candidate consistent. This will help remove bias from your hiring process. Ultimately what is most important to evaluate is a candidate’s culture fit, their motivations and the performance of a person that translates to a successful hire, so being open minded to ALL those types of candidates is important.
We are a leading Talent Strategy Consulting firm specializing in talent management, hiring processes, exit strategy planning, recruiting solutions and employee retention programs. We also have a California executive search recruiting division finding top sales, business development, marketing and operations talent. We love helping companies connect their business strategy to their talent needs.
Current Trends & News Signup
Join our online community today! We develop resources and provide new perspectives on how to better attract, hire, develop and retain your top talent.