Find The Best Candidate During The Recruiting Process
Many companies rely on traditional recruiting hiring processes that typically include posting an ad, sorting through a ton of unqualified resumes, interviewing and repeating this cycle until the most ideal candidate comes along OR time runs out and the position MUST be filled now.
Often times we find ourselves educating our clients that their “recruiting process” only attracts active candidates,the people actively searching on job boards.
A key question we then ask is where do you think the best candidate is for your job?Are they found in the active job seeker pool, which according to a Linkedin survey is only 21% of the market, or the pool of passive professionals, who are not looking, the other 79% of the market? And that sure gets them thinking about the talent market differently.
In 5 Best Practices to Proactively Find and Recruit High Potential Talent, Andre Lavoie suggest taking more control of the recruiting process by implementing a few changes. Lavoie points out that recruiting process best practices involves being proactive rather than what he describes as the “post-and-pray” method. He suggests searching in alternative areas – anything from community involvement to networking events, can yield more quality connections and talent.
He also advises to not wait until the demand to hire is at its peak:
Waiting until the moment a position opens up to start searching for talent to fill it ensures that employers and hiring managers will always be playing catch-up. Instead, employers should have an ongoing pipeline of qualified candidates in their back pockets. Ideally, when a position becomes available, employers should have at least one person in mind who qualifies — especially for companies that often hire for very specific jobs.
The reality is that a company’s recruiting process can be tedious if they are only relying on traditional methods. Being proactive is key in finding your next great hire!
What are some simple strategies you’ve seen or used in the recruiting process? How do you find your top talent?
WEEKLY CURRENT NEWS & TRENDS
Browse Blog Articles by Keyword
We take on the identity of the organizations we partner with
and measure our success by their lasting-improvements. Let our clients tell you more.
Employee Engagement & Motivation in a New Environment of Hybrid Working
As companies begin planning their return to work within their office spaces, many have realized a hybrid work model may be the best way for them to do so. However, the blending of in-office working, and the current reality of remote working will present business challenges that need to be overcome.
Remote Companies Build Organizational Culture from Anywhere
Brett Putter, CEO and Author, interviewed 500 CEOs that claimed their culture was embedded into their organization. Only 50 CEOs were able to explain how. Wejungo reviews how to create a culture that is embedded into your company.
New Virtual Culture: What does that look like?
How we work and where we work will never return to the days pre-COVID-19. More and more companies are going to continue to offer remote or hybrid work environments, and for good reason.
Facilitate an environment where your team wants to help each other without being forced to do so.
We are a leading Talent Strategy Consulting firm specializing in talent management, hiring processes, exit strategy planning, recruiting solutions and employee retention programs. We also have a California executive search recruiting division finding top sales, business development, marketing and operations talent. We love helping companies connect their business strategy to their talent needs.
Current Trends & News Signup
Join our online community today! We develop resources and provide new perspectives on how to better attract, hire, develop and retain your top talent.